7 Reasons why you should attend a trade show.
When our tiny living team decides to take a tiny house to a show there are many questions we must answer first. We want to be sure that we will be able to make an impact on those that are attending in a positive way. We realize that you have paid money and may have traveled to attend, so we want to give you the best bang for your buck. A lot of these shows are massive and can be intimidating for a first-time (and even repeat) attendee, but don’t let that stop you! Here are just 7 reasons why going to a show, and getting the most out of it, is beneficial to you.
- You get to see the product in person. Nothing beats actually getting to witness a product in real life. Descriptions can only take you so far, but to be able to touch and see the product in question will make your decision much more informed.
- Build relationships. Network with other like-minded individuals. This is a great way to meet people that share your interests.
- Meet the experts. This is the perfect time to have immediate communication with the people that know the product best! A FAQ on a website can only get you so far; at a show you have the advantage of being able to talk face to face with someone and get comprehensive information and answers to your questions.
- Educational and networking programs. These are a great way to increase your expertise and share experiences. You can ask questions and learn the why behind other people’s decisions, which can prevent you from repeating their mistakes.
- Stimulate new ideas. Maybe you will find or see something that you never thought of before. You can see someone else’s way of doing something and mold it to work for you.
- Special deals. Many trade show booths will offer special deals while you are at the show. For example, we are giving away a free set of plans and 10% off materials, all you need is a valid email address to enter. Many times we will also offer a special discounted price on our model houses.
- Make a plan and have fun! Remember, you are there to gain insight and see some creative products. If you have a limited schedule, plan beforehand what seminars you want to participate in and what booths are a ‘must see’ for you. Try not to get frustrated if there is a line, instead, start a conversation. You never know who you will meet or what you can learn!
We will be at the Tiny House & Simple Living Jamboree in Austin, TX August 24th-26th and at the Mother Earth News Fair in Seven Springs, PA September 14th-16th. Stop by and say hi if you are in the area!